How to make electrical connections between LSDA PD9200 Series Exit Device and the Power Supply
The Power Supply cabinet – Connection for INPUT 1:
Here we describe the LSDA PD9200 Electrical Connections:
1. Connect 115VAC to the 3 terminals marked L N G. Location is illustrated by red arrow ‘1’.
L – Line
N – Neutral
G – Ground
2. Connect 2 wires between your access-control relay tab N.O (Normally Open) and relay tab C (COM) to the Green terminal marked ‘1IN’. The location is illustrated by red arrows marked ‘2’.
N.O. terminal (green) to access-control relay tab that is normally open (N.O.)
C terminal (green) to access-control relay tab, that is Common (C or COM).
3. Connect 2 wires between the LSDA PD9200 series Exit Device electric actuator and the ‘24VDC OUT’ terminals of the green terminal block. The location is illustrated by red arrows marked ‘3’.
When the access-control relay is closed (making contact) – the electric push bar will get 24V from the power supply and will actuate the electric push bar.
When the access-control relay is opened (not making contact) – the electric push bar will not get 24V from the power supply and will not actuate the electric push bar.
Connecting 2 Electrified Push Bars to work simultaneously in two doors
In this case, the access-control relay needs to activate both electrified push bars at the same time. Here we are going to use the second terminal block marked IN2 in the power supply enclosure.
The 2 ‘input’ terminals will connect to the same access control relay tabs as before:
· N.O. (normally Open) tab of access-control relay will connect to first screw-terminal (from left)
· C (COM) tab of access-control relay will connect to second screw-terminal (from left)
Note: The ‘Input’ terminals ‘1IN’ and the ‘Input’ terminals ‘2IN’ are now connected in parallel.
The Power Supply cabinet – Connection for INPUT 2:
In this page you learned how to perform LSDA PD9200 Electrical Connections
For your safety, please make sure to make all electrical connections with no power applied to the power supply.
Once all LSDA PD9200 Electrical Connections are done, you can apply power and test the system by causing the access control relay to activate and released. The LSDA PD9200 electrified Push Bar should get activated and released, based on the input from the access-control signals.